Thursday 9 October 2008

End of the week!

My weeks end on Thursday now really as I have no lessons on Friday. Friday is just a day to catch up on sleep, do any outstanding work, and maybe go to Morrisons if I'm in need of food!

We had our second MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) test today, which I must say I thought was easier than the one in the first week! We have 35 minutes to complete 25 questions and it's open book, not to bad as long as you're prepared.
On that topic my books look like this when I take an open book exam: sbook
I sat down ready for the test today when one of the girls on my row (who I'm finding increasingly irritating) said "You're letting the side down with your post-it notes, our books have got nothing on them" to this I replied something to the effect that surely then it was them that was letting the side down as this was perfectly allowed. Proved my point too when I finished a good ten minutes earlier than her because I hadn't had to waste too much time finding the answers in my book! As far as I'm concerned you get out what you put in, if you're willing to mark the pages as you read them then you're going to save yourself a lot of time in the long run!

I also had my first POPPS (Psychology Oral Presentation Practice Skills) lesson today, and I think that this is going to be by far the hardest part of the course for me, but I'm sure eventually I will find it very beneficial. Today the POPPS mentor said that the first years were not required to do a speech as he knew we would be finding it all very daunting, so instead we watched the second years give impromptu 3-minute speeches about a variety of topics including 'Why Lidl is awesome', 'What I found hard in first year Psychology' and 'My Fresher's week experience' to name a few. Being as shy as I am I think I'm going to find this difficult but I'm sure I'll settle into it, and it will be invaluable when it comes to giving my research presentation in my third year!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Glad you are doing so well. At least the post its are helping you get good marks. Looking forward to seeing you soon

xx